Boss is always right! Perhaps this was the first thing I was taught by my seniors. It really does not matter from where you passed out or you have higher education certificate. Believe me, this is universal fact and you have to learn it as fast as possible.
Another thing which my seniors told was a golden rule about the boss. I was really excited to know about it. Because I wanted to know how I can make my boss understand if he is wrong. So here is the golden rule.
Rule1. Boss is always Right
Rule2. If Boss is wrong follow the first rule.
I know this is not fare but this is how company’s hierarchy works. For every boss there is another boss. And it is long chain.
I know this is not fare but this is how company’s hierarchy works. For every boss there is another boss. And it is long chain.
There are few things which make a boss “an always right boss”.
Experience – He has more experience and exposure to the company than you.
Seniority – He is senior in hierarchy irrespective of domain knowledge.
Ego – He does not want to listen No.
Polities – He wants to be a faithful employer to the company. So he plays tricks with juniors.
Attitude – He is from a well known institute or having higher education background.
This is not necessary that boss is always right. But you can’t prove him wrong. "Boss is always right" can be seen anywhere starting from a local shop to the big industry. I would like to tell you small story.
I was standing near to Tea Stall and wait to have a cup of tea there. Now
Tea Stall owner: Chhotu, deliver and give four cups of tea at building number XYZ
Chhotu: Ustaad, there are only three people , I am coming from there only.
Tea Stall owner: Abe! they always order for four cups of tea
Chhotu: but there are only three people. He insisted because he was right.
I was listening all this and tea stall was also aware that is I am listening them.
Tea Stall owner: Abe Jana, Ab tu mujhe batayega kitne chaye bhejni hai (go; now you will tell me how many cups of tea to sent).
So tea stall owner was wrong but he forced chhotu to deliver four cups of tea because he was owner and does not to listen to his subordinate.
He did not want to spoil his image in front for me (may be) because I was listening them.
So through this Blog I Just want to tell you that never fight with your boss because he is wrong. Instead search the ways to explain your point the way he can understand or you can convince him.
Regards
DMR


well I don't agree. Well the way that I see is, when you work on some project, you have the responsibility to deliver. Although not in the literal sense but to varying degree its you head which is on the line. So lets say the project deadlines are not being met, you are being questioned even though you might have done everything well but your team might not be supporting enough.
ReplyDeleteSince its your head on the line, you have right to make your own decisions although u must listen to everyone.
Yes the example that you give is true of the profession that the example belongs and is invariably true in lots of professions but I believe India is changing for good now.
well I don't agree. Well the way that I see is, when you work on some project, you have the responsibility to deliver. Although not in the literal sense but to varying degree its you head which is on the line. So lets say the project deadlines are not being met, you are being questioned even though you might have done everything well but your team might not be supporting enough.
ReplyDeleteSince its your head on the line, you have right to make your own decisions although u must listen to everyone.
Yes the example that you give is true of the profession that the example belongs and is invariably true in lots of professions but I believe India is changing for good now.